Develop your green building skills and get ahead in the market! EarthCraft House Builder, Renovation, Technical Advisor, HVAC Trade Contractor and Real Estate Professional trainings allow participants to sharpen their technical abilities, while learning effective ways to implement EarthCraft standards. Trainings are designed for convenience, offered regularly throughout the year and last only one day. All of the courses are approved for continuing education credits.
The following EarthCraft courses and prerequisites are available:
EarthCraft House Builder Training
Builder Trainings provide a comprehensive overview of best practices for sustainable construction and design and explore the ways that EarthCraft can help you get started in the green building sector. Learn cost-effective ways to improve the energy efficiency, indoor air quality, comfort and durability of homes, enhancing overall client appeal.
This training will discuss:
- Building science basics
- EarthCraft House program fundamentals
- The EarthCraft House certification process
- Strategies for marketing EarthCraft House projects
- Green building incentive programs
The EarthCraft House Builder training qualifies attendees for continuing education credit from the following organizations: AIA – 7 LU, CSI – .8 CEU’s, GBCI – 8 hours, The Housing Institute CPHB program – 6 hours, BPI – 7 hours. The course is also approved under the rules of the Georgia State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors for 6 continuing education hours.
EarthCraft Technical Advisor Boot Camp
This 1-day intensive training will cover the EarthCraft design review process, pre-drywall inspections, and final inspections to prepare you for an EarthCraft Technical Advisorship. Upon completion of the training, you will be eligible to take the EarthCraft Technical Advisor – Field Exams.
Candidates must be members of Southface Energy Rated Homes or certified HERS raters to attend this course. Candidates must also have completed the EarthCraft Builder Training and passed the EarthCraft Builder written exam prior to attending the course. Southface’s full-time EarthCraft staff will be leading the training.
Interested candidates must complete an Online Application and telephone interview to qualify for training registration. Click here to fill out the EarthCraft TA Online Application.
- $600 – Registration
Upcoming Technical Advisor Boot Camp:
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling
EarthCraft HVAC Training
This training will focus on high-performance HVAC systems using the EarthCraft program as a roadmap.
- How to reduce call-backs, comfort complaints and unhappy customers, minimize risk and improve your company’s reputation;
- How to properly identify correct Manual J, S and D calculations, ENERGY STAR v3 standards as well as ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirements;
- Review effective Manual J, S and D calculations, ENERGY STAR v3 standards as well as ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirements;
- Current Georgia Energy Codes and how they impact the HVAC trades;
- HVAC design and installation best practices for building to code or any above-code standard;
- How to tell from builder plans, specs and construction practices if your HVAC systems will perform the way you want them to;
- Easy techniques for passing blower door and duct leakage testing;
- How to achieve ASHRAE 62.2 while improving customer comfort and building durability.
- Designing and Installing High-Performance HVAC Systems the EarthCraft Way is approved under the rules of the Georgia State Licensing Board for Conditioned Air Contractors, Residential and General Contractors for 6 continuing education hours.
- In addition, this training is pre-approved for 4 BPI credits and 8 hours from the AL HVAC Board.
- $225 – Registration
- $210 – Member Registration
Upcoming HVAC Training:
Introducing EarthCraft Light Commercial Lunch and Learn
This lunch and learn provides architects, builders, renovators and project managers with the information they need to understand the NEW EarthCraft Light Commercial program. Participants will gain an understanding of the programs basic requirements, energy code requirements and levels of certification. Participants receive high-quality instruction that fits conveniently around lunch time schedules.
After successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to promote and market the benefits of the EarthCraft Light Commercial Program to potential clients by discussing the programs benefits, costs and processes.
Earn: CEUs from AIA and GBCI.
EarthCraft House Real Estate Professional Training
This class will discuss:
- Building science basics
- Green building benefits
- Unique features of an EarthCraft home
- Techniques for identifying categories and demographics of green home buyers
- Strategies for marketing green buildings
- Information on policy and mortgage incentives for purchasing energy-efficient buildings.
Thanks to the Atlanta Home Builders Association (the provider of this course), the EarthCraft Real Estate Professional training qualifies attendees for 3 hours of continuing education from the Georgia Real Estate Commission.
Students who have completed a Real Estate Professional training and choose to become an EarthCraft Certified Real Estate Professional will have their application fee waived.