Technical Advisorsfind a builder
Technical Advisors (TAs) are the driving force behind EarthCraft House, Multifamily and Renovation program implementation, providing critical guidance to builders and verifying that program standards are met. Professionals trained as EarthCraft TAs are able to offer clients valuable, specialized expertise that sets them apart!
Becoming a certified Technical Advisor is a simple, three-step process.
To qualify to become a Technical Advisor, interested parties must:
- Attend a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rater training – Register Here
- Receive a passing score on the RESNET National Rater test
- Receive an official HERS Rater certification.
To receive certification, those who have fulfilled TA prerequisites must:
- Attend a Technical Advisor Training
- Attend an EarthCraft Builder Training
- Receive passing scores on the TA written and field exams
- Submit an application for review by EarthCraft program administrators
- Interview with the EarthCraft Regional Project Manager
- Sign a Technical Advisor agreement
ANNUAL MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
To maintain certification, TAs must meet a number of annual requirements, which may include:
- Participating in conference calls
- Submitting quarterly reports
- Attending annual TA convenings
- Meeting a minimum project certification threshold
- Undergoing an annual quality assurance review