EarthCraft Builder Training
The EarthCraft Builder Course is intended to instruct builders how the EarthCraft program works for Single Family new construction homes. Multifamily and Renovation contractors will also benefit from this course as much of the course is reflective of those programs. Attendees will become familiar with the worksheet, manual, guidelines, forms, and marketing tools. An open book exam is administered for certification. Lunch will be provided.
- Regular Price: $200
- SF Member Price: $185 (Member Login)
- HBA Member: $175
- Greater Atlanta HBA Member: $150
EarthCraft Technical Advisor Webinar
This 4-hour online training will cover the EarthCraft design review process, pre-drywall inspections, and final inspections to prepare you to become an EarthCraft Technical Advisor. Upon completion of the training, you will be eligible work on active EarthCraft projects as a certified EarthCraft Technical Advisor.
Candidates must be certified HERS raters in good standing with their HERS provider to attend this course. Candidates must also have completed the EarthCraft Builder Training and passed the EarthCraft Builder written exam prior to attending the course. A Southface EarthCraft staff will leadthe training.
Interested candidates must complete an Online Application and telephone interview to qualify for training registration.
The EarthCraft Technical Advisor webinar is scheduled based on demand. If you or your company are interested in the webinar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Technical Advisor Boot Camp:
EarthCraft HVAC Training
This training will focus on high-performance HVAC systems using the EarthCraft program as a road map.
- How to reduce call-backs, comfort complaints and unhappy customers, minimize risk and improve your company’s reputation;
- Current Georgia Energy Codes and how they impact the HVAC trades;
- Easy techniques for passing blower door and duct leakage testing;
- How to properly identify correct Manual J, S and D calculations, ENERGY STAR v3 standards as well as ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirements;
- Review effective Manual J, S and D calculations, ENERGY STAR v3 standards as well as ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirements;
- HVAC design and installation best practices for building to code or any above-code standard;
- How to tell from builder plans, specs and construction practices if your HVAC systems will perform the way you want them to;
- How to achieve ASHRAE 62.2 while improving customer comfort and building durability.
- Designing and Installing High-Performance HVAC Systems the EarthCraft Way is approved under the rules of the Georgia State Licensing Board for Conditioned Air Contractors, Residential and General Contractors for 6 continuing education hours.
- In addition, this training is pre-approved for 4 BPI credits and 8 hours from the AL HVAC Board.
Training also includes lunch and a printed binder with course materials.
- $225 – Registration
- $210 – Member Registration
Upcoming HVAC Training: