HVAC contractors are key in ensuring a tight, energy-efficient home. EarthCraft-trained HVAC contractors are able to implement the program’s best practices and smooth the process of installing an efficient system. Their knowledge of how to correctly size heating and conditioning systems to a building’s dimensions and how to properly install the equipment and ductwork is crucial to making the most of a structure’s energy budget.
Become an EarthCraft HVAC Contractor
EarthCraft HVAC Contractor Training
The EarthCraft HVAC Contractor training delivers all the important components of EarthCraft’s above-code HVAC standards and prepares contractors to confidently satisfy those standards, providing clients with the highest level of service quality. The training’s in-depth curriculum enables contractors to easily perform quality assurance checks on an EarthCraft house, having thoroughly learned all the program’s HVAC requirements and best practices.
- How to reduce call-backs, comfort complaints and unhappy customers, minimize risk and improve your company’s reputation;
- Current Georgia Energy Codes and how they impact the HVAC trades;
- Easy techniques for passing blower door and duct leakage testing;
- How to properly identify correct Manual J, S and D calculations, ENERGY STAR v3 standards as well as ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirements;
- Review effective Manual J, S and D calculations, ENERGY STAR v3 standards as well as ASHRAE 62.2 ventilation requirements;
- HVAC design and installation best practices for building to code or any above-code standard;
- How to tell from builder plans, specs and construction practices if your HVAC systems will perform the way you want them to;
- How to achieve ASHRAE 62.2 while improving customer comfort and building durability.
- Designing and Installing High-Performance HVAC Systems the EarthCraft Way is approved under the rules of the Georgia State Licensing Board for Conditioned Air Contractors, Residential and General Contractors for 6 continuing education hours.
- In addition, this training is pre-approved for 4 BPI credits and 8 hours from the AL HVAC Board.
Training also includes lunch and a printed binder with course materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there pre-course requirements?
There is a required Basics of Building Science online learning module that all class participants must review prior to attending the EarthCraft HVAC Contractor training. It takes approximately one hour. The Basics of Building Science online module is required because the HVAC Contractor training is an accelerated learning environment, and information provided in this Basics of Building Science module is part of the EarthCraft HVAC Contractor Exam.
The link to this module will be emailed to you once you register for the course. Be sure to spend time reviewing this online module prior to attending the training.
2. I have already taken an EarthCraft House Builder Training. Does this qualify me to take the EarthCraft HVAC Contractor Exam?
Taking an EarthCraft House Builder Training does not qualify you to take the Trade Contractor Exam unless you have also attended the EarthCraft HVAC Contractor training.
3. Do I have to be an EarthCraft HVAC Contractor to participate in the construction of EarthCraft projects?
Not currently, but this will eventually be the case. It is in your best interest to get a start on this soon-to-be requirement.
4. Is the EarthCraft HVAC Contractor training eligible for continuing education credits?
The EarthCraft HVAC Contractor training is approved under the rules of the Georgia State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors for 6 continuing education hours. In addition, The Housing Institute has approved this seminar for 6 continuing education credits for their Certified Professional Home Builder program.
5. When will the next training take place?
The EarthCraft HVAC Professional training is based on demand. If you would like to schedule a training for your organization, please contact email@example.com