Technical Advisors (TAs) are the driving force behind EarthCraft House, Multifamily and Renovation program implementation, providing critical guidance to builders and verifying that program standards are met. Professionals trained as EarthCraft TAs are able to offer clients valuable, specialized expertise that sets them apart!
Receiving the Technical Advisor Qualification is a simple process.
Click here to view the Technical Advisor Qualification Checklist.
To be eligible to pursue the Technical Advisor Qualification, interested parties must:
- Attend a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rater training – Register Here
- Receive a passing score on the RESNET National Rater test
- Become certified with an Accredited Rating Provider and receive a unique Rater Identification Number (RTIN)
To receive the Technical Advisor Qualification, those who fulfilled the prerequisites above must:
- Submit an application for review by EarthCraft program administrators. Applicants will be contacted after submittal as this step may require an interview with the EarthCraft Project Manager.
- Attend an EarthCraft Builder Training and receive a passing score on the exam
- Complete TA Training Modules and receive a passing score on all related tests
- Sign the Technical Advisor agreement and submit annual membership fee
Annual Maintenance Requirements
To maintain Qualification, TAs must meet a number of annual requirements, which may include:
- Participating in conference calls
- Submitting quarterly reports
- Attending annual TA convenings
- Meeting a minimum project certification threshold
- Undergoing an annual quality assurance review
- Submit annual membership fee