EarthCraft Sustainable Preservation (ECSP) is a regional green building certification program created specifically for historic buildings. ECSP offers third-party certification for environmentally responsible design and construction practices for historic buildings in the Southeast. The program is designed to evaluate and highlight what is inherently sustainable about historic buildings while providing guidance on appropriate alterations to make them more energy and water efficient. Projects will receive technical guidance from green building and preservation experts helping to achieve customized solutions for more sustainable historic buildings. ECSP is specifically intended for historic building projects sized 50,000 square feet or less, however all projects may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Affordable program cost (includes project administration, diagnostic site assessment, design and construction guidance, field verification, and envelope and duct performance testing)
- Technical guidance provided during project planning, design, and construction
- Reduced paperwork through visual field verification and diagnostic testing
- Designed to complement preservation best practices including historic tax credit projects
To officially begin an EarthCraft Sustainable Preservation project, each project must be registered prior to the Pre-Drywall Inspection. The registration fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee the project will be certified. The totals below include EarthCraft administration fees, and do not include any additional fees as outlined by EarthCraft Technical Advisors or any additional technical assistance. Fees include mandatory two years of building performance monitoring with Lucid Building OS.
- <10,000 sq ft: $ 2,000
- ≥10,000 sq ft to 30,000 sq ft: $4,000
- ≥30,000 sq ft to 50,000 sq ft: $6,000
- ≥50,000 sq ft to 80,000 sq ft: $12,000
Square footage based on finished condition square footage