EarthCraft Multifamilyfind a builder
Launched in 2003, the EarthCraft Multifamily program provides certifications for low-rise and mid-rise multifamily projects, including new construction and renovation. Multifamily standards address a wide range of sustainability considerations, including environmental performance, indoor air quality, building durability, comfort and affordability. EarthCraft addresses these concerns and the unit level and for the structure as a whole.
Like all EarthCraft programs, EarthCraft Multifamily uses a HERS rating, program guidelines, a points-based worksheet, site visits and diagnostic testing to verify that each project complies with program standards. Project teams work with an EarthCraft Technical Advisor, who provide support in meeting program requirements from early in the design phase until construction is completed.
To officially begin an EarthCraft Multifamily project, each project must be registered prior to the Design Review Submittal. The registration fee is non-refundable and does not guarantee the project will be certified. The totals below include EarthCraft administration fees, and do not include any additional fees as outlined by EarthCraft Technical Advisors or any additional technical assistance.
• 1 to 3 Stories with 106 units or less: $75.00 USD per unit
• 1 to 3 Stories with more than 106 units: $8,000.00 USD flat rate
• 4 or more stories and 106 units or less: $85.00 USD per unit
• 4 or more stories and more than 106 units: $9,100.00 USD flat rate
• If using a whole-building energy model to show compliance: additional $1,000 USD flat rate